How to treat acne vulgaris
For many thousands of teenagers, vulgar acne is a real scourge, capable of poisoning the best years of life. Inflamed and red pimples, black dots and dense white formations under the skin - all these are the causes of prolonged depression of young people. Is it possible to somehow change the situation for the better or the treatment, in this case, is meaningless? We will try to understand the problem and determine how effective treatment will be.
Vulgar acne occurs at the time of transitional age in most adolescents. Their formation is associated with a change in the hormonal background and an increase in the steroid hormones that the young organism produces. This fact is associated with most of the processes responsible for the formation of acne:
- Increased production of androgens, characteristic for both boys and girls, is the cause of increased secretion of sebaceous glands.
- Also, the composition and consistency of the secretion of the skin glands undergo significant changes. It becomes thicker and more viscous. Such thick sebum is much more difficult to secrete from the ducts, gradually clogging the pores. Oxidizing in air, and also under the influence of contaminants, a cork is formed, which becomes the head of the comedon.
- Increased keratinization of the skin leads to the fact that the upper dead layer of the epithelium exfoliates too slowly. It clogs the pores , creating additional conditions for the formation of acne.
If the body of an adolescent is weakened, the attachment of a bacterial infection entails the formation of acne vulgaris. A favorable environment for the development of the inflammatory process creates sebum and epithelial particles. Against this background, bacterial agents multiply rapidly.
Important for the formation of vulgar acne belongs to several factors:
- Hormonal background. Changes in one direction or another help reduce immunity, as well as change the work of the sebaceous glands.
- Dysfunction of the digestive tract. Inflammatory processes in the stomach or intestine can worsen the condition of the skin, reducing its resistance to bacterial agents.
- Unstable psychological or emotional background leads to constant stress, which leads to a decrease in the resistance of the skin.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Gynecological diseases.
- And much more.
Despite the abundance of predisposing factors, for the formation of acne is enough and 1-2, which will be the main for a particular person and his physiological state.
Symptoms of acne vulgaris
Specialists share acne on several varieties, each of which differs in appearance. Initially there is a division according to the degree of inflammatory character:
- Inflammatory. These include papules, pustules, nodules and cysts.
- Not inflammatory. Open and closed comedones.
So, consider each of them. Let's start with non-inflammatory forms, which are represented by two varieties:
- Closed comedones. This is a type of acne, in which only a small dot is visible on the surface of the skin, and the duct of the sebaceous gland, filled with a thick secret, remains under the skin. Depending on the degree of injury, closed comedones are probed or visible to the naked eye.
- Open comedones. This kind of vulgar acne is also called black dots, based on their appearance. The wide duct of the sebaceous gland remains open, and the accumulation of thick secretion has open access to the surface of the epidermis. As a result of oxidation processes and the addition of particles of epithelium and surface contaminants, a strong and solid sebaceous plug is formed. It closes the duct of the gland and has a darker shade due to contamination on the skin. In most cases, open comedones are localized on the wings of the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. Those. on the T-zone.
After the formation of comedones, in the presence of bacterial infection, the inflammatory process begins. As a result, all acne gets a different name, depending on the degree of its development:
- Papules. They arise in the event that in the center of inflammation fatty acids are formed, which irritate the wall of the follicle.
- Pustules. This formation occurs in the event that a bacterial infection is attached to the papule. A purulent process starts, which characterizes the pustule.
- Nodules. They are formed as a result of mechanical action on the pustule and its rupture. And also in the event that in the process of inflammation fatty acids get into the blood. This situation can occur when you squeeze out acne spontaneously.
- Cyst. The extreme stage of the inflammatory reaction, in which not only pronounced inflammation is noted, but also a very significant morbidity.
Regardless of the degree of skin lesion, complex treatment should be performed, as a result of which the skin will find a smooth and matte surface without the slightest signs of acne.
Treatment of vulgar acne
In the treatment of vulgar acne, several simple but effective rules should be remembered. It is their observance that will help to get rid of acne as quickly as possible, and also to prevent further development of the disease. So, what is necessary for the patient's recovery:
- Examination by a specialist who can determine the cause of inflammatory reactions. The endocrinologist, dermatologist and gynecologist will become those doctors, on which the healing of the patient may depend.
- Correction of the hormonal background, which as a result can significantly reduce the likelihood of new acne and stabilize the skin.
- A thorough and reliable cleansing, which in some cases should be carried out within the walls of a cosmetic clinic. In particularly neglected cases, it will not be possible to do without mechanical cleaning of the pores. The specialist gently and without traumatizing the skin will remove sebaceous plugs and conduct a series of procedures, the main purpose of which is to remove inflammatory reactions, saturation with moisture and increase protective properties.
- Use of drugs prescribed by a specialist. As a rule, a doctor, based on the condition of the skin and the severity of the lesion, appoints a complex of cosmetic or medicinal products. Among them there are gels or creams for washing and cream, allowing to dry the top layer of the skin, and also to saturate the inner layers with moisture. The use of ideally chosen means for washing allows you to prepare the skin for subsequent procedures.
- Food. A balanced diet , with a minimum inclusion of sugar and complex carbohydrates will be a good help in treating the disease. A large amount of fiber, fresh vegetables and fruits, minimum amounts of fried, smoked and fatty foods is the ideal diet for the patient.
Only strict execution of all prescriptions of the doctor and maximum observance of recommendations will allow to count on full recovery. Day regimen and diet will be an organic addition to treatment, because these two components will strengthen immunity and strengthen the body's defense against bacterial agents.