Skin - tell all about your health
Skin is one of the most important organs of the human body, which not only performs a number of useful functions, but also demonstrates the condition and performance of the whole organism as a whole. Skin provides protection of the internal environment from pathogenic bacteria and viruses, performs the function of external respiration, the first reacts to the influence of the environment. Many diseases can be completely asymptomatic, and only the skin first will signal about any pathological process .
In order to have an idea of how the skin can signal a "malfunction" occurring in the body, you should know about some of its pathological conditions that can be seen with the naked eye.
: So, let's consider the most common skin manifestations of pathological processes occurring inside the body :
- Paleness of the skin: often pale skin indicates anemia, caused by a lack of iron, so necessary for the production of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is an integral component of blood , which is responsible for the active delivery of oxygen to organs and tissues. A small amount of this component of blood deprives the skin of a pleasant pink color. To confirm the diagnosis of "anemia" you need to see a doctor and conduct a general blood test;
- Partially saggy skin: talk about dehydration, that is, water shortage. In order to independently check the fact of lack of fluid, you can pinch yourself at the palmar surface of the brush, and see how quickly the skin returns to its original state. If, after your pinching, the skin is not instantly smoothed out, it's worth thinking about that your body does not have enough liquid. For correcting the water balance, a correct drinking regime and regular moistening of the skin are necessary;
- The presence of pimples on the skin: with this trouble can face both adolescents and adults. In women, the appearance of a pimple rash may indicate the presence of polycystic ovaries. This pathology is accompanied by a pronounced imbalance of the hormonal background. Often this condition is accompanied by an increase in body weight, irregular menstruation, increased hair growth in the face. The exact etiologic cause of this disease is unknown, but acne can be treated with it. To get rid of acne in this case, it is recommended to use specialized products containing salicylic acid. Salicylic acid helps to remove dead skin cells, and also inhibits excessive production of sebum;
- Stomatitis: often represents the presence of painful ulcerative formations of small size, indicating a deficiency of minerals and vitamins . For the most part, the cause of stomatitis may be a lack of zinc . To solve this problem, it is recommended to eat foods rich in this microelement and specialized food additives;
- Bags on the lower eyelids: the main reason for the appearance of swelling under the eyes is excessive intake of table salt . Excessive consumption of salt is the primary reason for increasing blood pressure figures. This is explained by the fact that salt retains water in the body, and water dilutes blood, that is, the volume of circulating blood increases, which causes the heart to become more intense and leads to an increase in the volume of cardiac output and, as a consequence, to arterial hypertension;
- Brown pigmentation (spots): at most indicate an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone. Often this condition can occur during pregnancy and / or menopause. Pigmentation is eliminated by the use of whitening cosmetics;
- Increased sweating: is one of the first symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is a pathological process characterized by increased production of thyroid hormones. The increased content of this group of hormones accelerates the metabolism and causes overheating of the body. The action of the thyroid hormone is blocked by such a group of pharmaceutical preparations as β-blockers;
- Yellowness of the skin: it is a frequent companion of pathological processes occurring in the liver, and is one of the first signs of progressive hepatic insufficiency. Very often, this condition can be triggered by an uncontrolled intake of alcoholic beverages along with medications;
- "Dirty" velvety appearance: is a velvety structure of dark clusters, localized in the natural folds of the skin (in the neck , underarms). This skin change was called acanthosis. Acanthosis may indicate insulin resistance. This condition is the first step towards the development of diabetes. To combat this process, it is recommended to use a specialized therapeutic diet , and in case of excess weight - getting rid of it.