Is it possible to cure demodex at home?
Demodex or demodecosis is a disease caused by a subcutaneous mite. Demodex treatment is not an easy task, but if you approach it seriously and methodically, you can achieve excellent results. Methods of treatment depend on the individual course of the disease, the degree of skin damage, as well as the diseases or condition of the body, which caused rashes on the skin. For example, if demodex was a consequence of a decrease in immunity in pregnancy , then it will be necessary to use more sparing means, as a consequence, getting rid of it will be quite long. On average, the timing of the treatment depends on the type of mite that struck the skin. The term of treatment of the disease associated with lesions with a long demodex (folliculorum) is, on average, 4 months, and a meek (brevis) - 6 months. The course is necessary to pass to the very end, although in 2 months there will be visible changes - the skin will look more healthy, even.
Before choosing which means to get rid of demodex, you need to know simple rules that will help make its treatment effective and in general will be able to ensure the operation of all drugs and supporting procedures.
First of all, it should be noted that with demodecosis, there is always a sharp decrease in the body's immunity. Therefore, the use of immunomodulating drugs, as well as the means that normalize the intestinal flora, will be necessary in the complex treatment of demodex. To identify and get rid of the accompanying pathologies, you must also make an appointment with an endocrinologist, neurologist, gynecologist. In the treatment complex, specialists also prescribe antihistamines, since the demodex skin mite often causes allergic reactions in humans.
The main thing - hygiene
In the fight against it, one should strictly adhere to the rules of hygiene.
- It is necessary to reduce the time spent at the computer, as working with a computer reduces immunity.
- It is necessary to monitor the purity of the skin. The skin should in no case be sweaty, dusty or oily. To do this, it is often necessary to wash the affected areas, avoid baths, tans , smoke, dust, etc. It is recommended to use not warm water, but warm water.
- At the time when the treatment of demodex on the face is in no case necessary to use cosmetics and creams, try to somehow cover the pimples . The fatty basis of many cosmetics is a very favorable environment for the development and reproduction of the tick.
- If you use a feather pillow, change it to a synthetic pillow. Pooh can be not just a filler, but a warm house for a parasite. A pillow case or a natural cloth cape on the pillow should be changed every day. Before use, it should be ironed on both sides.
- Try to lead a healthy lifestyle. Do not eat fat, spicy and sweet food. Let your diet abound with foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Give up tobacco and alcohol, and avoid stress and emotional breakdowns.
- Do not touch your face with dirty hands and avoid unnecessary touches of objects. Eyeglasses and shaving accessories should be treated daily with alcohol. Scarves and scarves will have to be washed and ironed regularly.
Methods of treatment
Traditionally, drugs that contain the active component - metronidazole - have been used to treat demodex. But recently it turned out that over the years of using drugs containing metronidazole, it has developed some resistance to this component, so their use does not always have a positive result. More often today, specialists prescribe, for example, ornidazole.
Very good results showed the use of drugs that are part of Demodex-Complex, as well as medicines manufactured in China by Xin Fumanling (XFML) and Manting. It must be remembered that during treatment with these drugs, the skin is contraindicated with intense sun rays, so it is best to begin the process of fighting the skin mite in the autumn. Approximately two weeks later, the patients have a visible exacerbation of the disease - new acne appears. This is a normal reaction and confirmation that the treatment process is in the right direction. Acne, in fact, is the larvae of dead mite. In no case should they be put under pressure , since an infection can be introduced that will provoke the development and growth of larvae.
We treat at home
In addition, there are many ways how to treat demodex at home. This treatment is also complex, it consists, first of all, of cleansing the body, and then-the application of ointments and lotions. Purification of the body can be carried out in various ways. One of them is to use magnesium, vegetable oil and citrus juice throughout the day.
A solution of magnesia (calculation of 100 g per 100 kg of medicine weight per 1 glass of warm water) should be drunk at 5:30 in the morning. At 9.00 - drink 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then, from 10.00 to midnight, drink self-prepared juice (5l per 100 kg of weight) and in intervals - olive oil (100 g per 100 kg of weight). This is all that can be consumed on this day. Juice is prepared very easily 1/3 freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, 1/3 - orange juice and 1/3 - distilled water. Such a one-day diet will thoroughly purify the body of toxins. Six months later, it must be repeated. The next day it is better to eat liquid porridge and mashed soup.
Gadgets can be carried out with a solution of the buckthorn bark. The solution is prepared from 3 tablespoons of buckthorn bark, which is boiled in 300 g of water for 3 minutes and insisted for 3 hours. Lotion should be done 2 times a day. In a day on the inflamed places for 10 minutes you need to apply birch tar. It can be washed off with soap.
In parallel, treatment with ointment "NM" , which can be purchased at a veterinary store or pharmacy. Ointment should be applied a thick layer at night 10 days a month for two months. In the morning, the ointment is washed off with soap . At this time it is also recommended to drink tablets " Trichopol " (3 tablets a day for 7 days). When the mite begins to die, a profuse exfoliation of the skin is found on the face. Do not try to get rid of it, using creams or ointments, which can only contribute to a kind of "resuscitation" of the parasite.