What is facial dermabrasion and is it possible at home?
Microdermabrasion of the face. This word combination over the past few years has managed to become firmly established as professionals, as well as regular visitors to beauty clinics or beauty salons. What is dermabrasion? What types of this procedure can be found in a prestigious clinic? Is it possible to conduct manipulation at home and what kind of feedback does the patients leave? Are there any contraindications and what are the recommendations of specialists recommended to be strictly observed during the rehabilitation period? We will try to answer all your questions in detail and in detail.
Dermabrasion of the face
One of the most effective, but at the same time, safe ways to clean the skin. This method refers to the category of mechanical peelings. The task of manipulation is to remove the upper stratum corneum of the skin.
A distinctive feature of microdermabrasion was its absolute painlessness and high efficiency. It is these qualities that made the procedure very popular among clinic visitors.
Types of microdermabrasion
Depending on the way in which the skin is affected, several types of peeling are distinguished.
- Crystalline microdermabrasion. One of the most commonly used techniques. The essence is the use of aluminum crystals as an abrasive.
- Diamond microdermabrasion. More expensive, but also much more effective way. In modern equipment, instead of aluminum crystals, diamond nozzles are used, gently and gently grinding the upper layers of the epidermis. Such procedure experts recommend to carry out not only on the face and neck , but also on the neckline and hands. It is very effective for stretch marks, scar tissue, as well as thickening of the upper layers of the epidermis.
- Oxygen microdermabrasion. For the manipulation is used not only the flow of aluminum crystals, but also oxygen fed under high pressure. With this method, more gentle peeling is provided, and side effects are reduced. Antibacterial properties, as well as saturation of tissues with oxygen, provide for an accelerated regeneration of the damaged epithelial layer.
Effects of dermabrasion
When carrying out crystalline microdermabrasion with aluminum crystals, which are blown out of the apparatus under high pressure. Aluminum was chosen as an abrasive material, thanks to several unique properties.
- Low toxicity;
- Acute form of crystals;
- Absence of wounds and abrasions after treatment;
- Hypoallergenicity of the material;
- Aluminum in contact with the skin does not produce heat, and therefore the patient does not experience a microburn.
As a rule, crystals having a star shape are used. Sharp edges, getting on the upper layer of the epidermis, clean out the keratinized particles, thus freeing the ducts of the sebaceous glands and the deeper layers of the epithelium. As a result, accelerated cell regeneration occurs, which leads to increased formation of collagen and elastin in tissues. Increases the elasticity of the skin , improves microcirculation. All of the above processes lead to the improvement of complexion and reduction of facial wrinkles.
Microdermabrasion is recommended for certain skin conditions.
- Fine wrinkles;
- Extended pores ;
- Insufficient production of collagen;
- Scars left after surgery;
- Post-acne scars ;
- Uneven texture of the skin.
Carrying out the manipulation
To obtain the greatest effect from dermabrasion, it is necessary to follow the instructions of specialists as clearly as possible. All manipulation is carried out in several stages, which must be strictly observed.
- Preparatory stage. Some beauticians prescribe to their patients before the manipulation course of drugs, the application of which softens the cornified layer of the epithelium and facilitates cleaning.
- Cleansing. Immediately before the procedure, the beautician performs cleansing of the face with a special compound that not only removes the make-up remnants, but also softens the skin a little.
- Peeling with crystals or diamond nozzles. The procedure takes from 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the type and thickness of the skin.
- Applying a moisturizing mask, soothing composition. After carrying out the manipulation, it is necessary to use special means that promote quick and complete regeneration of the skin.
The number of procedures required for each patient is determined by the cosmetologist. Individual features, problems that need to be solved in the peeling process, as well as the sensitivity of the skin dictate both the duration of the session and their number. As a rule, 5-8 procedures are enough.
As with any peeling, there are a number of certain diseases in which the use of microdermabrasion is contraindicated.
- Various forms of dermatoses;
- Active stage of herpes;
- Infectious diseases;
- Solar burns;
- Mechanical injuries: cuts, abrasions.
Microdermabrasion at home
Some manufacturers of cosmetic products have included in their line of products that allow such peeling at home. Indications for the use of these drugs are the same as for salon dermabrasion. However, the effect will be much weaker.
It is not recommended to perform the procedure for people with sensitive and delicate skin. And also should avoid the place around the eyes and the red border of the lips. It is also necessary for a couple of weeks before peeling to stop using drugs that contain salicylic or retinoic acid . After the cleaning, experts strongly recommend the use of sunscreens, which will protect the young skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
A worthy alternative to microdermabrasion can be laser skin resurfacing. It is more effective as a measure to combat deep, chronic scars.