What is fruit peeling and how to do it at home?
Peeling is becoming an increasingly relevant tool to combat the many skin problems that are used in cosmetology. And one of the leading places rightfully belongs to peeling fruit acids. Despite the fact that this method of skin care has been used by women for several centuries, fruit acids in cosmetology have been recognized as one of the most effective means.
Acids for peeling
What is fruit peeling? This is the process of removing the upper cornified layer of the epithelium. Manipulation is performed to prevent premature aging of the skin. In the formulations for peeling, several types of acids are used:
- Apple. It is obtained either from natural apples, or synthetically. It not only perfectly brightens the skin, but also very effectively tones.
- Dairy. Contained in all lactic acid foods. Sour cream, kefir, blueberries or tomatoes.
- Lemon. The maximum content in pineapples or other citrus fruits.
- Wine. Specialists extract it from wine or grapes.
- Glycolic . In natural products is contained in small quantities. It is especially rich in sugar beet or sugar cane.
Action of peeling
Fruit acids for the face have an almost irreplaceable effect. Their uniqueness lies in the fact that they are ideal for both dry and oily skin. By affecting the sebaceous glands, they normalize their activity, as well as the composition of the secret. Cleansing the ducts of the glands, the mask with fruit acids not only improves the complexion, but also reduces inflammatory reactions, and consequently reduces the number of acne and comedones.
The main effect of peeling is exfoliation of the stratum corneum. As a result, the absorption of creams and various nutrient compositions used in cosmetology improves several times. There is an acceleration of regenerative processes that promote skin rejuvenation . Increasing the production of collagen and elastin, as well as microcirculation leads to the normalization of the water balance. In addition, under the influence of fruit acids, excessive pigmentation disappears.
- Tired look;
- Excessive pigmentation;
- Extended pores ;
- Fine wrinkles;
- Pigmented spots ;
- Acne ;
- Excessive dryness of the skin.
When carrying out the peeling in the conditions of the cosmetology clinic, several obligatory stages are observed.
- Cleansing the skin. With the help of special means, the skin is cleansed. Removed not only the remains of make-up, but also the secretion of sebaceous glands.
- Applying to the skin fruit acids with subsequent neutralization. The duration of the application is determined by a specialist, depending on the skin type, sensitivity and irritation. Very rarely, cosmetologists use only one acid during the procedure. Much more often used, the so-called peeling-cocktail, which includes several different acids. In some cases, to increase the efficiency of manipulation, a specialist can add to the cocktail substances that are not related to fruit acids. It is recommended to introduce vitamin A or E into the mask with fruit acids. When dry skin is excessively shown, the addition of hyaluronic acid, which helps to moisten the deep layers of the skin, is shown.
- The final step is applying a moisturizing mask or cream that soothes the skin and promotes the most rapid regeneration.
The number of procedures that the cosmetologist prescribes is strictly individual, as well as the concentration and time of exposure to the skin. But on average, you need three to six manipulations to achieve maximum effect. With each subsequent application, the concentration of the formulation increases, but the application time decreases. Thus, with a high acid content, the effect of the peeling increases several fold. However, there is always the risk of getting irritation or even a chemical burn of the skin. Therefore, before using the services of a cosmetologist, try to make inquiries and make sure of his qualifications.
Fruit acid peeling at home
It should be noted right away that in order to carry out this manipulation at home, compounds with an acid concentration of no more than 20-25% are used. Otherwise, the probability of injury to the skin is very high. Lack of the required skill level can cause damage, which will require long-term treatment. If you want to get a quick and lasting result, it is better to contact a cosmetology clinic.
To conduct fruit peeling at home, you can also use not only the finished formulations, but also self-prepared preparations. Of course, no one talks about the need to mix several synthetic acids. But to prepare a peeling, which is based on sour cream or sour milk, and as an abrasive tool used grinded in a coffee grinder bran or oatmeal, it is possible. Of course, the effect will not be as stunning as in salon procedures. But with regular application it is possible to achieve a stable and qualitative result.
As with any procedure associated with exposure to the skin, there are a number of contraindications, which it is not only unreasonable to neglect, but sometimes dangerous for one's own health.
- Inflammatory reactions;
- Allergic reactions;
- Vascular network;
- Herpetic infection in the acute stage;
- Infectious diseases;
- Diseases of the blood;
- Skin diseases;
- The recent tan;
- Wounds, abrasions, cuts and other mechanical damage to the skin;
- Period of increased solar activity. All the procedures associated with chemical peeling are best done in the autumn-spring period. Ultraviolet has a detrimental effect on the skin, and on the renewed even more so.