What is rosacea or rosacea: causes, symptoms, prevention
Acne affects most adolescents in adolescence. Acne, comedones, inflammatory reactions caused by the presence of a hypodermic tick ... How to understand the causes of their appearance and, accordingly, take additional precautions to prevent skin damage? Often experts use the term "rosacea" to identify a particular type of inflammation. What is it and in what cases is it possible to have them?
Pink acne on the face can become a real scourge for both a teenager and an already held person. This disease has a medical name and is denoted by the term "Rosacea". So, what is this lesion of the skin?
What it is?
Their occurrence is associated with several factors that have a negative impact on the skin and the body as a whole. As a result, increased secretion of skin secretion occurs. Violation of the processes of exfoliation of old, dead cells of the epithelium leads, in combination with a large amount of sebum, to clogging the pores.
If the formed cork does not have an outlet to the surface, then under the skin whitish formations appear, resembling millet grains. They can reach the size of the pin head. In the case when the cork has access to the surface of the skin, oxidation occurs and as a result, black dots are formed, called komedons. The ingress of pathogenic microorganisms into the comedon can provoke an inflammatory process characterized by an increase in the comedon, the formation of a zone of redness around, and the presence of pus within the inflamed follicle.
Self-removal of such blackheads is strictly prohibited. Especially dangerous are the inflammatory elements located in the region of the nasolabial triangle. An extensive venous network located close to the surface of the skin creates additional conditions for the entry of purulent contents into the blood. In this case, the risk of purulent meningitis is high. If there is a region of the nasolabial triangle of acne with a pronounced inflammatory process and purulent contents it is necessary to consult a specialist. He will tell the most effective methods of struggle and preparations in this case.
The causes of pink acne
Experts have identified several possible factors that provoke the disease.
- Mechanical skin irritation. Soap and scrubs with uncontrolled use can cause irreparable damage to the skin. The use of scrubs more than once a week can cause microtrauma to the skin, and washing with soap more than twice a day leads to a decrease in the natural protective function of the body.
- Hormones. One of the most likely causes of rosacea. This assumption is confirmed by the fact that acne is most often observed in adolescents, during the period of hormonal background formation, as well as in women during the last five to seven days of the menstrual cycle , pregnant women and patients forced to take hormonal drugs for the treatment of the underlying disease.
- Genetics. Clinically found that the increased sensitivity of the skin to the presence of androgens, as well as the increased ability of the skin to form a thick stratum corneum inside the duct of the sebaceous gland are hereditary. Often there is a presence of rosacea in different age categories of members of the same family.
- Experts have established that vegetovascular disorders are the basis of this disease.
- Overheat. It can provoke the development of the disease against the background of other predisposing factors.
- Disturbances in the functioning of the gastrointestinal system. Gastritis, an ulcer, pancreatitis or liver damage can also become a great soil for rosacea.
Symptoms of rosacea
As a result of long-term studies, dermatologists have determined that rosacea has three stages of development, through which the person who has fallen ill passes through consistently.
- In the initial stage, the patient notes a slight reddening of the skin, which is significantly enhanced by exposure to both high and low temperatures. It can be like a jet of cool air, and hot water. With the passage of time, telangiectasias are formed. An erythemal stage is formed, in which redness causes little excitement, acute or hot food, etc. There is a formation of a vascular asterisk due to capillary blockage. Just note redness and pain in the eyes.
- In the second stage with persistent erythema, the resulting red pimples merge into numerous plaques, with purulent contents. If you press on this formation, then the purulent exudate is separated and the crust (scab) is subsequently formed. There may be a slight increase in body temperature.
- In the third stage, when the disease has passed into the most severe form, the mounds are formed, filled with purulent contents. The thickness of the skin also increases significantly in the lesions. Thus, the inflammation passes into the infiltrative stage. Such hillocks are localized in the region of both cheeks, less often the chin. In especially neglected cases, the nose is affected. It takes a pineal shape and this condition is called rhinophyma.
Of course, exclude hereditary factor will not work, however, you can minimize the impact of other negative factors provoking the development of rosacea.
- It is necessary to keep the skin clean, but do not abuse cosmetic products and scrubs.
- It is also necessary to normalize the hormonal background, resorting to the help of a specialist.
- A comprehensive examination of the body and timely treatment of endocrine and gastrointestinal diseases will significantly reduce the likelihood of rosacea damage.
- Avoid unnecessary stress, hypothermia.
- Strengthen immunity.
- A balanced diet will also be an excellent help in a complex of activities aimed at preventing the disease.