What should I do if you have a wig on your neck?
Wen (lipoma) - a benign formation, consisting of adipose tissue and most often located under the skin.
It is a painless mobile ball. : But if it forms on the neck, it can give the person the following disadvantages :
- Cosmetic defect. With age, the size of the lipoma can increase, and with such a noticeable location - this is an additional reason for concern.
- Discomfort when wearing tight clothes.
Causes of appearance
The causes of lyme formation have not been fully established . : But the most reliable of them are the following factors :
- Heredity. Genetically programmed metabolic disturbances can cause disruption of the sebaceous glands;
- Primary damage to the hypothalamus. It most often occurs as a result of craniocerebral trauma or infectious disease of the central nervous system (eg, meningitis). Against this background hormonal regulation of fat metabolism is disrupted;
- Menopause. It also leads to a hormonal imbalance in the body of a woman and is capable of provoking the appearance of adipocytes .
As a result of these disorders, there is a limited growth of adipose tissue, and lipoma is formed.
Despite the fact that zhirovik is not dangerous for human health, the disease requires appropriate treatment. Many people trust people's prescriptions, and various means are used to eliminate this cosmetic defect (cinnamon, aloe juice and celandine , baked bulbs, etc.). But do not be foolishly experimenting with your body. Only a specialist can effectively and safely eliminate this problem.
It is important to remember that rapid growth of lipoma is an occasion for an urgent call to a doctor !
Modern medicine has ample opportunities in this area. But regardless of the chosen method of treatment, a small examination is required. It consists of only 2 procedures:
- Puncture (diagnostic puncture) of the wen;
- Ultrasound of the lipoma.
These studies are needed in order to finally make sure that education on the neck - it's wen.
Ways to remove wen
- Classical surgical. To carry out this operation, with a small size of the wen, local anesthesia is chosen, and for larger ones general anesthesia is chosen. The surgeon squeezes out the contents of the lipoma through a small incision, and then carefully scraps the capsule. The disadvantage of this method for treating a fatty gland on the neck is the presence of a scar. After the operation, patients are recommended to undergo routine preventive examinations 2 times a year.
- Laser operation. This bloodless method allows you to remove the wen almost painless. The wound after such intervention heals in the shortest possible time, and after 2 weeks no visible defects remain in its place. Therefore, laser-assisted operations are widely used to remove fat wigs on the neck . Another advantage of this method is the absence of relapses (re-formation of lime in the same place).
- Puncture-aspiration method. A special needle is inserted into the lipoma, and through it all the internal contents are removed. The main drawback of the method is associated with the leaving of the capsule, and this can cause the subsequent growth of adipose tissue in it.
- If the size of the lipoma does not exceed 3 cm, then conservative treatment is possible. Under the ultrasound-control in a benign formation through a thin needle introduce a special absorbable drug. The effect develops gradually, and the lipoma disappears completely about 3 months after the procedure.
If treatment is carried out in a timely manner and by professional doctors, then there will be no adverse consequences for the body.